Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Enters the MTC

Today Elder Stahle entered the MTC, the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah.  Today being Wednesday, July 18, 2012.  We started our day leaving our house in Kaysville at 9:00 AM.  We met  Grandpa David and Grandpa Debby at the Provo Temple grounds.  It was beautiful.  We visited and took pictures together in front of the temple.  After my grandparents left with Hannah, we went to Walmart for a little more shopping.  I needed handkerchiefs and stationary!  We then went to Olive Garden for lunch and no one seemed very hungry for lunch.  We tried to share an appetizer and three pasta dishes, but most of it was boxed up and taken home by my family.  We then headed over to the church parking lot across the street from the MTC.  There were a lot of people and families over there saying their goodbyes.  It was a lot harder than I thought it would be to say goodbye to my family.  My time slot to be at the MTC curb drop was 1:25 PM.  I didn't want to be late, so we arrived at about 1:19 PM.  It was true, it was a curb drop and my Dad got my luggage out of the suburban, my Mom hugged me one last time.  This was a shock to our missionary, since he thought we already said our goodbyes!  But, it was fine.  No tears (a lot of tears were shed already at the temple and the church parking lot).  The cute missionary host asked Elder Stahle some questions (name, do you have a cell phone on you, etc!) and away they went...  Our missionary walked away with three suitcases in hand, looking so handsome and excited.














No comments:

Post a Comment