Monday, May 20, 2013

Klang, Malaysia (Week 14)

This week was pretty good. It was very slow though because Monday was P-Day, Tuesday was District Meeting which went until about 6:00 PM.  After that, we had to take a 2-hour bus home.  On Wednesday we had some appointments which was good.  Thursday President Mains came to KL and did a training for all the new missionaries.  We didn’t go home until about 6:00 PM and then we had another 2-hour bus ride back home. On my birthday we had some appointments and it was just like a normal day.  When we were waiting at the bus stop we met this girl. She is now learning from us. She’s a 19-year-old Chinese girl and her name is June. She’s a pastry chef.  So on Friday she wanted to meet us at a cake shop and she bought me a piece of cake for my birthday so that was pretty cool!  We stayed later and we were able to teach her!

Post-Mother's Day dinner last week with the
Ting family

VJ is going to be interviewed this Friday for his baptism that is supposed to be on June 2nd.  So that should be great!  He is doing really well!  We took him to a internet kedai and showed him general conference but with the translation in Tamil. He loved it so much.  It was so cool! We also went to a wedding that a family was having! They made Elder Robinson be the photographer (haha)!


Ya, I had a pretty good birthday.  It was just like any other day out here on a mission though (haha)!  Today we are actually going into KL for P-day.  We are going to go to Chili’s for my birthday so it should be fun! Yes, I got my package and I love it! We love the toffee so much!! And all the birthday cards were awesome! Tell Grandma Stahle thank you so much for the card she sent me!! Skyping last week was so much fun and it went by so fast!  I can't wait until you and mom come over here! It’s so much fun over here!!! No, it is way different than I thought it would be here!  It is 10 times better!

Lime ice drink in a bag

Our week has been slow and we didn’t really knock any doors this past week. We made some new contacts but it’s very hard to actually reach them on their phones.  We are teaching VJ, Leong, Jason, Arlyn, Dony and his family.  But we only actually meet with VJ and Jason and the rest are so hard to meet with!


Yesterday I had to give a talk in church and it was very good!  I shared my testimony about how I had to come home and come back out and how grateful I am.  It was very nice.  One of the senior couples here is going to email mom to ask about my back surgeon Dr. Smith because she has a son-in-law who has a messed up neck.


I loved the pictures of Pepper they looked so good. Oh yeah. Elder Chan who is in our group here at church, he is now in the Asia area 70 here and he is actually in the conference Ensign also on page 26!  So crazy!  


On Saturday, we were going around and we found a man made lake where you can pay to go fishing!!  We are totally going to do it for sure!!  We were teaching VJ and he said he was at work the night before.  A guy offered him a cigarette.  VJ said he heard a voice that told him that it's bad for him. He asked us if it was good that he listened to the spirit.  We told him it was the Holy Ghost speaking to him and yes, that it was so cool that he already recognizes the spirit talking to him!  He already lives part of the word of wisdom!  Such a cool miracle!

Elder Stahle's sad face because it says "no fishing"
I forgot to mention this two Sunday’s ago, but we went into KL for a baptism that the Sisters had.  Dony was being baptized and his family is from Sibu. That’s in East Malaysia. His wife and daughter were baptized an hour before him (in Sibu).  So the senior couple here had their iPad and they used Facetime so his wife could see him get baptized here in KL!  I was standing right behind Elder Howell as he was Facetiming.  I felt the spirit so strong watching his wife on the iPad screen!  I was so happy for him and I almost fell (haha)!  My whole body was tingling.  It was such an awesome feeling!  So Apple is amazing, forever!!  Technology is so amazing!!

Oh yeah! I showed everyone at church yesterday my book you made, Mom! They all loved it! They all asked if Dad was my brother and if you were my Sister (hahahhaha)!!!

Thanks for everything you do for me, Dad I love you so much!

Hey Mom, thanks for the package.  I love the toffee and Elder Robinson had never had a nut roll until yesterday.  I love those now too so send more of those in packages with toffee too (haha)!  That is good soccer is over now. That is so funny about Brooklyn! At least she knows what she wants and can make up her mind fast! That is funny about the doll she got and how she says it looks like her (haha).  Sounds like Brooklyn had a good birthday! That is crazy about Lydia that she does so well at shot put!! Shes so small! That’s good that Maddie enjoyed her track season.  Ya, Davis is the best in track! That is so crazy that the girls are done with school soon. That is crazy about all the new houses. It’s true...you can’t beat the area!  It’s a perfect place to  live. Yes, I got the package and no the primary one you said went to Singapore. I will get that when we go to Singapore June 5-7th.  I will come back to Malaysia and that is when transfers are after Zone Conference. Talking on Mother’s Day was awesome! I love you so much Mom! Thanks for everything you do for me and the family.

Hey Maddie, thanks!   Ya, it was a pretty good day! Just did the same thing as always, work!  I loved the birthday card! I love and miss you!

Hey Lydia, how did you meet President Eyring??? Why was he there at the [South End District Championship ] track meet [held at Woods Cross High School]? That is way cool that you got to shake his hand and meet him! You are pretty much done with school! Yes, that is exciting. Summer should be good, but keep being a good girl!  I love you so much!

Hey Hannah, why did you buy a rip-stick?? That’s good your done with soccer!  Keep doing good in all your sports and be good! I love you so much!!

Hey Brooklyn, Happy Birthday! How was your day!? Sounds like you got a lot of really fun toys! That is so fun!  I can't believe you are almost done with preschool too!  I will come back home...in a long time!  I love you Brooklyn!!


Love,

Elder Stahle

No comments:

Post a Comment